-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Friday, March 16, 2018

pre-Yesstory

I was happy to see this particular post on tumblr yesterday...
http://fuckyeahyesband.tumblr.com/post/171907535566/trevor-rabin-performing-with-an-unknown-group-in
  ...but I wanted to provide some further detail as regards the photo.  It was actually taken when Trevor opened for Steve Hillage in 1979 and then used as the sleeve image for the 1981 single release of "Take Me To A Party" from Wolf.
I believe the photographer was Ross Halfin, based on similar images I have seen published elsewhere over the years which led me to surmise they are from the same performance, such as this one:
And in fact the single version of "Party" has a different mix to the one on the album, which was typical of the time.  That mix was then used for the CD version of Wolf which was first released in 2002.  This is the original album version of the song.

As noted, there are a few other photos in circulation of Trevor performing during the tour, but what is especially interesting about that particular photo is the guitar.  The type of finish on the Strat he is playing is usually referred to as a "natural."