-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, September 21, 2017

No "dirty thirty" for you, BigGen!

Today marks the 30th anniversary of the release of my favorite YesWest album, 1987's Big Generator.


I actually have an in-depth essay on the album in the works, but with Tour season going on and such, it will have to wait till quieter times for completion.  But from the propulsive opener "Rhythm of Love" (an absolute highlight of the ARW setlist if I do say so myself) through to the lovely lilting closer "Holy Lamb (Song for Harmonic Convergence)," this is an album which displays the depth and breadth of the band's ambition, taste, and creativity as a true ensemble - something which was only achieved, in my opinion, just this once.