-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, April 6, 2017

Media Watch: new Radio.com interview

With thanks to Paul Vaughan for the heads-up.

Today, in advance of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, comes a new interview with Trevor:
http://radio.com/2017/04/06/trevor-rabin-yes-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Among many interesting comments is this, regarding future plans:
Beyond ARW, are you working on more film scores, and are you going to do any more solo albums?
I am. In fact, I’ve got two solo records which I’m scheduled to do and two scores which I’m not at liberty to mention right now. I get ostracized by doing so. But I pretty much signed on to them now, and so I’m pretty busy right up until the end of 2018 at this point.
I did an instrumental album in 2012. I wanna follow that up with another [instrumental] album, and I also do wanna do a kind of vocal rock album to follow up on the Can’t Look Away album [from 1989]. Yeah, then obviously, a priority goal for us is ARW, and I’ve got these songs to do, but nothing’s gonna get in the way of the ARW tour for Rick, me or Jon.
As we know from Trevor's previous postings on his Facebook page, the project which was shelved in order to devote time to ARW was the vocal rock album.

Update: this interview with Jon and Trevor was also published today:
https://www.yahoo.com/music/rock-roll-hall-famers-jon-anderson-trevor-rabin-many-faces-yes-221600286.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter