-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Saturday, April 1, 2017

"I'll take 'Hit Single Puns' for $100, Alex."

I've noted the continuing cultural relevance of "Owner of a Lonely Heart" previous to this entry, as a song and a riff and a phrase it echoes with many layers of evocation in popular culture.  Thanks to a fan on Facebook I have discovered one of the more silly references, which appeared in Dan Thompson's Brevity comic strip in April of 2013.


And as further proof of the popularity of this '80s classic, recently a unique cover version appeared on YouTube...