-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, June 8, 2017

#tbt: a bit of a twang

Long-time readers may be familiar with my entry regarding one of Trevor's musical identities back in the South African era - that of Trevor Terblanche, playing the hits of the day for a series of releases which basically amounted to a sort of Afrikaaners K-Tel label.  But if you'd like to hear an example of Trevor playing honest-to-goodness Country music, then look no further than his take on this crossover classic song.


Most of the Lekker Kitaar releases feature rather corny (for the time) arrangements of popular songs and local hits, but I actually quite like his playing on "Take Me Home, Country Roads" as yet another example of Trevor's versatility and technical ease when it comes to different genres.  Trevor also brings an entirely Country-fied vibe to the jazz standard "Misty" (most people are more familiar with Johnny Mathias' 1959 cover version).  To me it's reminiscent of what he did with "Georgia On My Mind" from 2014.