-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Friday, January 17, 2020

new Love for the new year

Even though it's now official, more or less, that Ryan is no longer a part of GROUPLOVE in any capacity, I still do enjoy the band and have been keeping tabs on what they're doing.  Last week they released the first single from their upcoming album Healer and I think it's really good - it contains many of the elements of their sound which we know and love (i.e. Christian and Hannah's harmonies and a hook-y chorus) combined with an absolutely driven punk-pop energy.  The production work is stellar and I urge anyone interested to give it a listen if you haven't already.  The lyrics make me consider that the song can be apprehended on a few different levels...from the personal to the political, shall we say.