-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Monday, January 28, 2019

Attempting to tame the Wild Horses

A recent interview with journeyman guitarist Neil Carter conducted by Pekka Montin in the latest issue of Heavy Profile reveals a glimpse into Trevor's London years, working as a producer as well as pursuing a solo career.  Carter played with such '80s rock legends as Gary Moore, UFO and Wild Horses, and was asked about his experience on the making of the latter's The First Album release and working with Brian Robertson and Jimmy Bain.

You also played with the band Wild Horses. I noticed that the producer of the debut album is the legendary Trevor Rabin. What do you remember of him and the recording process? How did he guide you in the studio?

Poor Trevor…I don’t think he knew what he was getting into as those two could be wild! What I do remember is some very late sessions, often not starting until 10 or 11pm because Brian Robertson felt the ‘muse’ was only on him after hours (and the rest of us feeling it was bed time)!

Trevor did his best and he’s a very nice and talented guy but he was up against two forces of nature in Brian and Jimmy. Some of it sounds ok though and he is such a good musician, just a bit of a strange choice perhaps and I’m not sure the album is as ‘gritty’ as the band actually were live.

I sort of have it in my mind that he was ‘up and coming’ and EMI put him forward but I could be wrong. He went on to bigger and better things, deservedly so, and was a lovely chap.