-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Saturday, October 14, 2017

"Has anyone ever told you..."

Spotted on Twitter: people have made a few lookalike comparisons to Trevor over the years (most notably Donny Osmond, which is sort-of apropos, I suppose, though they don't truly look anything alike, they just have similar coloring and bone structure) but this one is seasonally appropriate and thus I wholly approve.
I believe that dreamy young man is Russell Todd, who had a bit part in the second installment of the Friday the 13th series, released in 1981.
EDIT: good friend of the blog Cee informs me that it is Peter Barton, who appeared in the fourth installment, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter from 1984.

Someone else I've thought bore a resemblance to Trevor (back in the day) is South African actor Francois Coertze and I've declared, more than once, that if a movie had been made about YesWest in the 1990s, then Francois would have been a strong contender as Trevor's cinematic doppelganger.  Which is not to say the resemblance has carried over into the Golden Years.  However, another actor does come to mind as possessing the same kind of lush beauty as Trevor's at a particular age, and that is James Spader.  I can't help but think that when director Steven Soderbergh first met the actor while filming Sex, Lies and Videotape he might have seen the resemblance too - possessing as he did a prior familiarity with Trevor's photographic charisma - even as Spader is a blue-eyed blond in this film.

So dear readers, who do you think looks like Our Trev?  Who should have been/should be cast in a biopic.  Or do you believe there is no man who can truly measure up to Trevor's particular attractiveness?  Hit me up on email with your picks!