-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Monday, June 30, 2014

Media Watch: special sons

Today, the South Africa edition of Rolling Stone features an interview with Ryan which calls special attention to his roots and what they mean to him.  And as befits someone who quite often in performance wears t-shirts from his dad's old band, the article makes mention of Ryan's tattoo of the South African flag which can be glimpsed in the documentary I'm With You.


With this particular quote I believe Ryan truly is his father's son in expressing a particular sentiment:
“I get the same thrill from playing a show to thousands of people as I do crafting a record and listening back to it as it starts to really make sense to my ears.”

The link to the article for interested readers:
http://www.rollingstone.co.za/artists/item/3283-grouplove