-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, April 14, 2016

Celebrating five years! The best of Rabin-esque.

Today marks the five-year anniversary of Rabin-esque and I'd like to thank all my readers around the world for your interest; it's my pleasure to write in-depth about my (and I hope yours as well) favorite musician and I am grateful for the opportunity.  Although the blog did not take its' current form until 2011, I spent about two years working on my initial ideas/content and design from when the project was first suggested to me in March of 2009.  And that is in addition to more than half a lifetime absorbed in the musical progress of Our Trev, so it's been a very long time indeed!  I hope your enjoyment in the reading matches mine in the creation and ongoing work of this blog.  And a special thank you to all those who have taken the time to email me with questions and comments - I appreciate your feedback.

So much has happened with Trevor's career since I began this leg of my fandom journey and I look forward to the continual changes, evolution, and - most importantly - wonderful music to come from the Maestro and those he chooses to collaborate with in whatever realm he ventures into.

~*~*~*~

Recently a new reader wrote to me asking for suggestions on where to begin (I suppose five years of entries is a little daunting!) so I decided I would compile a list of those entries I consider to be the best of the blog, as an introduction to the content.

At the top of my list is my proudest achievement; I was invited to interview Trevor during the promotional cycle for Jacaranda in 2012, he was very kind and incredibly generous with his time, resulting in one of the more unique interviews of the period, if I do say so myself.
"Trevor Rabin: the cultivation of Jacaranda"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/p/trevor-rabinthe-cultivation-of.html

In anticipation of the release of Jacaranda about a year prior, I wrote the following editorial and I was told Trevor had read this entry and appreciated its' insight.
"Fusion Furor: fulfilling the promise of Trevor's (jazzy) artistic destiny"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2011/04/fusion-furor-fulfilling-promise-of.html

I've written a few record reviews, but this essay regarding Rabbitt's second album is one I'm particularly proud of, as it contains several years work as regards research, listening and writing.
"A (Quantum) Leap and A Hop in the Life (of Rabbitt)"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-quantum-leap-and-hop-in-life-of.html

This is another editorial, posted on Trevor's birthday in 2013, which I believe represents not only my personal viewpoint of his artistic legacy, but the fundamental values of this blog; and an entry which has proven to be quite popular with readers.
"the dreaded box"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-dreaded-box.html

Here's a "listicle" type entry regarding what I consider are the best tracks from each of Trevor's solo albums.
"Five from five"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2012/07/five-from-five.html

My first tribute to the Epic Bromance of Chris and Trevor.
"something Fishy"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2013/03/something-fishy.html

My review of the reissue of Live In L.A. which includes historical commentary on the club tour of 1989.
"some traveling music"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2014/10/some-traveling-music.html

An essay on one of my most prized collectibles as well as Trevor's most popular video.
"Collector's Corner: something I will hold on to"
http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2013/04/collectors-corner-something-i-will-hold.html
                                        ~*~*~*~

If there are any entries which you would like to see added to this list, please email me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com and I will be happy to consider them for inclusion.  As always, thank you for your continued patronage, and my immense gratitude to Trevor for the eternal joy of his music...then, now, and always.