-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, July 16, 2020

#tbt: interviews of yore

https://cnmsarchive.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/trevor-rabin-on-scoring-armageddon/

I came across this one while engaged in one of my never-ending trawls of the Internet and it's an interview I don't think I've read before, although I imagine there are fans who have.  It's originally from 1998 and so focuses on Trevor's scoring work, but with some nice insights as regards his process at the time, working relationships with various directors and, as always, The Bruck.

There's an interesting detail regarding the soundtrack for Days of Thunder - as I had noted in a previous entry, Trevor played guitar on the David Coverdale track "The Last Note of Freedom" but it seems from his comments he might have also played on the Terry Reid track, a cover of "Gimme Some Lovin'" (and a song we know he's quite familiar with).  That's my guess as it's the only other song produced by Trevor Horn on the soundtrack.

https://recordcollectormag.com/articles/yes-men

I had originally blogged about this interview when it was published, it's from the December 2016 issue of Record Collector.  There's some really interesting anecdotes in this one, including Trevor's admission that he did desire to work on a Broadway show (just not the one he was offered, at least according to what he told me), meeting Paul McCartney in London during the sessions for Big Generator, and revealing that "I Miss You Now" is specifically about Trevor longing to see his parents.