-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, December 13, 2018

#tbt: One of my favorite things!

With much gratitude and thanks to the DrTomoculus channel on YouTube for coming through with my request from a few years back...here is his "remastered" version of Beginnings, the original release of Trevor's first solo album on RPM from 1978.  As I discussed in my essay on the album from last year, there are differences in the mix* and sequencing between Beginnings and Trevor Rabin (as well as different/additional songs) and if you've never had the opportunity to hear the original then you owe it to yourself to give this a virtual spin!






* "Live A Bit" is the best example of how different the mix can be.  The original version is a revelation when compared to the version on Trevor Rabin.