-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Monday, August 8, 2016

This date in Yesstory: hijinks in Mountain View

Note: this post is image-heavy (for those of you with slower browsers).

In tribute to the enduring camaraderie of Trevor and Rick Wakeman (primary among the reasons why ARW finally came to fruition) there's a particular moment in the August 8th, 1991 Mountain View performance (the final show on the Around the World in Eighty Dates tour that year) which Trevor recounted in his interview with Mike Tiano, and the great thing is there is also video evidence.  The entire show was hilarious, of course, as it was the end of the tour and everyone was rather - shall we say - loose.  Years ago I screencapped this entire sequence frame-by-frame from the performance footage and you can actually see the exact moment Trevor loses his composure due to Rick's mischief.  I had previously posted this on the Yesfans discussion board back in 2009 but had been meaning to share it here as well.  This occurred during the "Your Move" portion of "I've Seen All Good People."

"But it was fun, and I think it was the last show, it was one of the fun gigs; it wasn't really a serious moment in the show...and Rick would come up behind me every night and say, "Come on, do it! Do it!" because he would be standing behind with maracas. So he'd do that, and tell me some silly joke, and I actually remember that because it was in San Francisco, the last gig. I'm supposed to be singing, and Rick's telling me a joke, and I can't sing. I burst out laughing."

EDIT: thanks to Photobucket changing their policy regarding account access, all my screencaps are null and void for now.  I will either find them and add them back or redo them but for now here is video of this particular incident.