-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Update on new solo album progress

The past couple days brought some welcome updates from Trevor on his Facebook and Twitter accounts:


...with some great shots of Trevor and Lou working on tracks during prior sessions at The Jacaranda Room.  In a separate post he noted:
There will be some surprise guests on the album, however, i'm not ready to "do" this yet. Lou Molino is already kicking butt on the album, as I know Ryan will do so soon. There is one more drummer who will be playing on the album aside from other musicians, but I can't say yet.
Trevor also noted an upcoming collaboration with guitarist Jason Becker, which was a fitting reminder in regards to the increased attention on social media of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis via the ALS Association's Ice Bucket Challenge.

(Update to the Update):
In a comment posted today on his Facebook page, Trevor stated:
I'm looking at finishing the album by middle to late 2015. I wish it could be earlier, but other projects will slow it down a bit. But this is very much a HUGE passion for me. I think all artists say that the current work is their best. But I really feel this extremely and genuinely the case.
Trevor also noted that the bass he was pictured with is a Wilkins, and here's a photo from when he first received it, to my knowledge:

And this particular photo is proof enough that the inner Rock Star is ready to emerge (it's nice that the drum corner has a photo of Ryan).