-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Sunday, September 1, 2013

Media Watch: new Q&A

An ongoing series wherein I comment on Trevor's recent publicity.


The blog Kickin' It Old School posted a new Q&A with Trevor a couple days ago which can be read here:
http://oldschool.tblog.com/post/1970860329

This is a nostalgia blog with a particular focus on 80s pop culture.  Unfortunately there's not much new content, given that most of the questions focus on Trevor's tenure in Yes and we are wholly familiar with all the stories.  But this line is clearly the most hilarious of the entire interview:
The clothes and hair of the 80s were awful, and the Yes videos were too. 
Oh c'mon, Trev, you had THE BEST HAIR in the 1980s!

And as a retort-of-sorts to those who felt he had sullied the reputation of the band...
I loved recording Jon's voice. I would sometimes get a call from an engineer on Jon's solo projects. Jon would instruct them to call me to tell them how to get his voice to sound. I was very flattered. 
However, there is an interesting tidbit at the end which gives me hope for the further adventures of the firm of Rabin & Rabin:
I would love to do an album with my son, Ryan, at some point.
And also:
 I am starting a new solo album as a follow up to Jacaranda,
Huzzah!  Clearly what is needed now is lots of pestering about this project rather than AWR; you all have your assignment.