-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Monday, March 4, 2013

Aww, just when it was getting interesting!

According to this story posted Friday night in The Huffington Post, it appears Zero Hour has been cancelled from its prime time "death slot" for the 2013 midseason.  Hopefully the remaining episodes will air during the summer, or at least there will be a release of the full season on DVD/Blu-ray because despite my snark in regards to reviewing the episodes (which were a lot of fun to write), I was very happy with the prospect of watching a series scored by Trevor, and he and Paul did a wonderful job of lending the show just the right amount of dramatic impetus on a cinematic level, in my somewhat-biased opinion.

But hey ABC - here's an idea: why don't you show the remaining episodes online?  Those people who want to watch it (like me) can do so without causing an impact to your revenue stream.

Now this development lets loose the wild speculation regarding future projects.  I will predict that Trevor will score at least one film this year, and I would hope he works on another album as well, but that's just me.  Those people who find themselves emotionally invested in the AWR thing are likely continuing to wish for that as well, but I've already stated my opinion in regards to its non-relevance.  It would be interesting to see if Trevor decides to further pursue television scoring as well.

Despite this setback, I will of course continue to bring you content which I hope you will find entertaining and edifying; and this week I will endeavor to publish a new essay about one of Trevor's beloved colleagues in celebration of his birthday.