-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Friday, August 7, 2020

A Guide to Field Recordings: new upload

A series featuring commentary on live recordings from my collection.

Spotted on YouTube: with thanks to Rabid Rabinite Edith de Viu, the audience recording of Trevor's show at the Bacchanal in San Diego on December 12th, 1989 is available for your online listening pleasure.


As I commented previously, the setlist for the club tour was largely static, so it's not that different an experience from Live In L.A. save that it includes "Solly's Beard" and the solos as well as onstage remarks.  Since this is an audience recording it's not quite as clean, but as I remarked to Trevor during our recent exchange, because he was playing smaller spaces even an audience recording is going to be fairly decent in terms of quality.  I have already commented somewhat regarding this show and the Toronto date in a previous entry but as I am going to be reviewing live recordings in future as part of the Changes review series, I'll have more to say about the tour in general (again) later.