-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Media Watch: another nice find

The Kraft-Engel Management website keeps yielding surprises; though I suppose I could just say I haven't paid attention to it enough, but I came across another nice interview which was posted last year, though I suspect it was conducted in 2012, as part of their "Featured Creator" series.  The interview can be read here:
http://www.kraft-engel.com/featured-creators/trevor-rabin/

Long-time fans will note there's an image of the Blue Focus Management (which was the prior company of agents Richard Kraft and Laura Engel) film music composed by Trevor Rabin promo CD which can go for a pretty penny these days on the collector's market (I managed to obtain a copy for not-quite-crazy-money but certainly more than what they originally went for, which was nothing) and I'll cover that in an upcoming edition of Collector's Corner.   But there are some interesting details, such as Trevor's revelation that he has Kathy Nelson to thank for his introduction to Jerry Bruckheimer - Nelson has been a music supervisor on some of the biggest films in Hollywood, and many of them for Bruckheimer's production company.  Also there is a sidebar where Trevor names six favorites of his own work.

One response which I found incredibly meaningful to me personally is this:
JB: What’s something that you haven’t done in film music that you would really love to do, some type of movie or score that you haven’t been able to do yet? 
TR: I just haven’t been asked, but I would very much love to do animation. I’ve done bits and pieces and I absolutely love it, and I’d like to do music for Broadway musicals—that would really excite me. 
...and this is because back in 2009 I had the opportunity to speak with Trevor on the internet radio program Movie Geeks United.  During that exchange I begged Trevor - and also gave a shoutout to Richard Kraft - to score an animated feature (score and songs).  So it's gratifying to know Trevor still has that on his wish list.  The experience - and what happened after it - is in part what led to the creation of this blog.

For those who haven't heard the MGU interview (I come on around the 19-minute mark)...