-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Real ones know, part two

In a new interview with Ultimate Classic Rock to promote his upcoming solo release Surrender of Silence, former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett had a few nice things to say about Our Trev.  This exchange follows one in which Steve was discussing the various stylistic routes of previous works, with an emphasis on orchestral elements.

Trevor Rabin of Yes went away to do stuff like this for film. This very much has that feel. He had to go out of a certain box to do what he does. You were able to find a way to take that same kind of thing and incorporate it into what you’re doing.

I’ve met Trevor. We like each other’s stuff. I think he’s tremendously talented, no doubt about that. It’s always nice when a fellow professional likes something that you’ve done. I was talking to a journalist recently, who was saying that Pat Metheny was listening to Under A Mediterranean Sky. I like Pat Metheny’s work very much. I hope to hook up with him sometime.