-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Friday, December 7, 2018

The Man of a Thousand Credits: lending his heart

One of a continuing series in regards to the myriad variety of Trevor’s discography.

Today saw the release of Jason Becker's album Triumphant Hearts, and finally we can experience Trevor's lyrical mastery on the track "River of Longing."

It's quite a lovely piece, I enjoy the shifts between the delicate phrasing and a more raucous voicing in some parts, as well as a pretty keyboard part.  It's definitely what could be considered Trevor's style in terms of tone and articulation.  There is some vocalization towards the end as well which is a nice surprise.  It has an almost sort of "church-y" kind of feel to it in the final couple minutes.

As I reported previously, there are two songs on the album with the same name, but at least to my ears if they are the same song there is a distinct difference in the realization.  But upon my initial listening to the release as a whole I find it is a very interesting cast of characters brought together to realize the emotive, soaring material on offer.  

Congrats to Jason on this fine achievement!