-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Saturday, May 26, 2018

hell of an axe

Spotted on Instagram: many thanks to the stratgallery account for giving me a shoutout in this post, which chronicles some aspects of Trevor's beloved Strat.  The details and images are from my 2012 entry "The legend of TrevRa and other anecdotes."
Trevor Rabin carved his initials into the body at the lower end many years ago. Trevor noted that his son Ryan's name is on the guitar as well (there is a Ryan sticker on the scratch plate, which was added circa 1988, I like how he placed it so he could read it whenever he played the guitar): The Ryan sticker when it was (relatively) new, from 1992. ...which is known to fans, of course, and so I asked for the story behind it and he replied, "I found this dynamite sticker and he's my dynamite boy!" (Best.  Dad.  EVER!) The Ryan sticker is a bit faded by time now but still legible. But what I wanted to ask about was this, on the upper part of the body: I stated that I had just noticed it thanks to being able to examine a hi-res version of the photo and asked what it was.  Trevor explained it was a pin - a lapel pin, I'm assuming - from Chrysalis used to promote Trevor Rabin (the 1979 international release of his first solo album). I also asked and he noted it was broken because not all of his name is there now. Source: rabinesque.blogspot.fr #fenderstratocaster#fender#stratocaster#strat#trevorrabin#yes#yesband#90124#trevorrabinstratocaster#trevorrabinstrat
A post shared by Strat Gallery (@stratgallery) on