-->

Introduction:


A series of essays wherein I explore the numerous musical identities of my favorite musician: from child prodigy to teen idol to guitar hero to singer/songwriter to award-winning in-demand film composer.
Featuring news/updates and commentary/analysis of Trevor's career and associated projects.
Comments are disabled but please feel free to contact me at rabinesque.blog@gmail.com.



Thursday, August 27, 2015

we're still cryin'

Today there's an article on the Rolling Stone website which gives Trevor a nice namecheck in regards to that Texas tornado known as SRV on the anniversary of his passing:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/10-great-stevie-ray-vaughan-tributes-20150827

As I noted in a previous entry, Trevor is the featured lead guitarist on a cover of "Tightrope" from the 1996 release Crossfire: A Salute to Stevie Ray which includes Billy Sherwood on bass.  But in honor of Stevie Ray, here's one of my favorites of his, a song where he's paying tribute to another legend, and I hope that pantheon is burning it down every night in the great six-string beyond.